Isolation and purification of antibodies, from different sources, including serum, ascites fluid and hybridoma cell culture, requires specialized equipment and focused expertise; as a result, drug developers and academic institutions outsource various aspects of downstream processing, including antibody purification to contract service providers, that claim to have the required capabilities for purification of antibodies in minimum time with reduced chances of failure.
To order this 270+ page report, which features 100+ figures and 130+ tables, please visit
Key Market Insights
More than 150 players claim to offer services for purification of antibodies
The market is predominantly characterized by the presence of small firms (having less than 50 employees). It is worth noting that more than 75% of the players purify antibodies isolated from serum, followed by hybridoma cell culture supernatant (58%). Further, more than 30% players provide purification services for both monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies.
Over 80% antibody purification service providers are based in North America and Europe
Within North America, majority (91%) of the players are headquartered in the US, whereas in Europe, most of the companies are based in the UK (17), Germany (11), France (11) and Sweden (5).
Presently, more than 100 players use class-specific methods to isolate specific antibody isotypes
Most of the players use Protein A and Protein G resin, for affinity column chromatography. Of the players using physico-chemical antibody purification methods, majority (77%) employ ion exchange chromatography, followed by size exclusion chromatography.
The demand for purified antibodies is expected to grow to over 47,000 Kg, till 2025
Currently, North America is estimated to contribute to nearly 50% of the overall purification demand for clinical and commercial- grade therapeutic antibodies. By 2025, the global demand for approved / marketed antibodies is estimated to grow to over 42,000 Kg, primarily driven by the anticipated growth in the sales of monoclonal antibody products.
Start- ups / small firms are expected to capture nearly 40% share of the market share by 2030
With regard to the regional distribution, Europe is anticipated to contribute to more than 70% of the total service revenues generated in 2030. In the long term, physico-chemical purification is likely to become the preferred choice for antibody purification service providers; projects involving the aforementioned technique are expected to capture majority share (40%) of the total market.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players offering antibody purification services?
- In which regions are most of the antibody purification service providers located?
- What are the common antibody purification methods employed by the service providers?
- What are the key factors that are likely to influence the evolution of this market?
- What is the likely demand for purification of therapeutic antibodies?
- What are the anticipated future trends in antibody purification services market?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 2 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the antibody purification services market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Company Size
- Small Companies
- Mid-sized Companies
- Antibody Purification Method
- Physico-chemical Purification
- Antigen Affinity Purification
- Class Specific Purification
- End User
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, in the foreseen future, competition within antibody purification services market is expected to grow significantly, resulting in an increase in the overall market value. The report includes detailed transcript of discussion held with Colby Sounders (Chief Scientific Officer, Abveris).
The research includes detailed profiles of key players (listed below); each profile features an overview of the company, its financial information (if available), a description of the antibody purification service(s) offered, details of recent developments along with an informed future outlook.
- Allelle Life Sciences
- Antibody Research
- BBI Solutions
- Detai Bio-Tech
- Genscript Biotech
- QED Bioscience
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
For additional details, please visit
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Glycosylation Analysis Services Market, Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
- Biologics Fill / Finish Services Market (2nd Edition), Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
- Cell Line Development and Characterization Services Market (2nd Edition): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030
- Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market (4th Edition): Industry Trends and Global Forecast to 2030
- Antibody Discovery Services and Platforms Market (3rd Edition): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030
- ADC Contract Manufacturing Market (4th Edition): 2020-2030: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at email@example.com
+1 (415) 800 3415
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RootsAnalysis
Twitter - https://twitter.com/RootsAnalysis